Margaret Manning, Principal††
Rio Grande Elementary provides a comprehensive program of guidance and counseling services to advocate for the developmental and educational needs of students. Rio Grande Elementary has one school counselor that serves grade levels pre-k through sixth grade. The role of the school counselor is very diverse. The school counselor conducts:
· individual and small group counseling
· classroom guidance presentations.
· Counseling services are also provided to support students in times of crisis
· Consultation is done between the counselor, with parents or staff to assist students in responding to various needs.
· The school counselor provides parents with referrals to outside agencies if needed.
The overall focus is on improving the educational outcome for the students.
List of FusionPages